Through a wide variety of creative and customized planning techniques, Andrew can ensure that your family’s wealth is preserved, protected, and maximized from one generation to the next.
Trusts and estates is one of several legal fields seeing an emergence of do-it-yourself products, some better than others. Websites that offer users the option of creating a simple, inexpensive will or trust do not, however, replace the guidance of a trusted legal advisor. San Francisco estate planning lawyer Andrew L. Jones will guide you in making the right estate planning and wealth succession choices, and will create the necessary customized documents to carry out these plans. But most important of all, trusts and estates attorney Andrew L. Jones will ensure that you and your family understand what the plans are and how they work. As laws and family circumstances change – and they assuredly will – Andrew will be there to alert you to new options and put your choices into effect.
Andrew can provide:
– Basic wills
– Trusts (living trusts, revocable and irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, and more)
– Powers of attorney (durable, general or limited to medical, financial or other matters)
– Estate and inheritance tax planning
– Probate administration and transfer of trust assets
– Establishment of guardianship or conservatorship
– Executor and trust administration, or assistance to those named executor or trustee
– Inter-generational and charitable wealth transfer tools like family limited partnerships, GRATs (grantor-retained annuity trust), CLATs (charitable lead annuity trust), dynasty trusts, and more.
Trusts and Estates – Representative Client Matters
Family seeking overview of all estate planning options. Created guide summarizing options tailored to family’s sophistication, current and future plans, and financial assets to be protected and passed at minimum transfer cost. Presented written guide and held preliminary discussions with all family members; refined plans accordingly. Created signature-ready documents to effect choices, and made plans for ongoing monitoring as tax laws and family finances evolve.
Clients contemplating charitable gift of illiquid assets. Created summary of applicable procedures for effecting the donation, establishing valuation, and ensuring tax-deductibility of gift, then provided overview of donation tax effects on client’s current and future-year tax burdens.